18635_341767706954_1577501_n.jpg
18635_341767706954_1577501_n.jpg
18635_341767716954_4138670_n.jpg
18635_341767716954_4138670_n.jpg
18635_341767711954_6772278_n.jpg
18635_341767711954_6772278_n.jpg

History

Crystal Springs History

 

 

THE POOL WAS FIRST KNOWN AS

WARM SPRINGS OF UPSON AND WAS

OPENED IN MAY 1859.  IT WAS

 CONSTRUCTED OF WOOD WALLS

AND SAND BOTTOM WITH A  PARTITION

IN THE MIDDLE, SEPARATING THE

MEN AND WOMEN.

 

THE NAME OF THE POOL WAS

CHANGED TO BARKER’S SPRINGS IN

THE LATE 1800’S AND IN 1957 THE

NAME WAS CHANGED TO PERK’S

POOL.  IT WAS PURCHASED BY

 RONALD AND CONNIE ELLINGTON

IN 1973 AND THE NAME WAS

CHANGED TO CRYSTAL SPRINGS

RECREATION IN 1989.

 

THE POOL IS SPRING FED AND THE

TEMPERATURE OF THE WATER

REMAINS 66 DEGREES YEAR ROUND.

THERE  ARE APPROXIMATELY

110 GALLONS OF WATER PER MINUTE

FLOWING THROUGH THE POOL

WHICH HOLDS APPROXIMATELY

166,000 GALLONS OF CRYSTAL CLEAR

WATER.